Today I learned that if you want to be fooled, you can be. This is the time of year when I long for my mother, mother ocean, that is. I am quite satisfied with my life in Arizona, the only thing that could complete it would be the ability to make a spontaneous beach trip. Some mornings I wake up and the sky tells me it's a perfect beach day. I let my mind wander and I'll say something like if I leave now I could get there in five hours, but I never do.
Back to being fooled, today felt like a beach day. I didn't have time to go down that melancholy road so I put it out of my mind. At about noon I was coming down I-17 into Black Canyon City. The hills seemed greener than normal, and the road winded steeply down and for a turn or two I felt like I was on Kanan Road winding down Malibu Canyon, and like Bugs Bunny I thought I saw the ocean on the horizon, just as if I was really there. It felt good for a few minutes, until I ended in Black Canyon City and not Malibu.
Not ready to come down from my cloud, I put in a Beach Boys CD and floated on in make believe. Man, I need to get back to the beach.
Me and Lolo at Goleta Beach, May '08


1 comment:
Wish I could help! Love this pic!
Post a Comment