If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The highlight of my day

Sure, it's a cliche to say that coming home from work is the highlight of my day, but it is. I went on a work retreat this past weekend and the whole time I was away, I was trying to figure out how removing me from the only reason why I work was making me a better employee.

A while back I was in a subcontractors meeting telling the gentlemen there that I would be leaving at the end of the month when my fourth child was to be born. On the whole, the group was aghast at the idea of four kids. One of the men asked why would anyone have that many kids? I took umbrage to that comment and said something to the effect that I have three people in this world who think that I practically walk on water, they do not judge me, see any of my shortcomings, and when I walk in the door, there is a mini celebration. What is cooler is I also feel the same way about them. I still feel that way today. I love that no matter how crummy my day was or how many things I have fouled up, when I get home I am greeted by at least two excited kiddos, with hugs and kisses, how cool is that? It is always, always so good to be home.

2 comments:

Sara said...

love that the boots almost disguise the marker on Cal's knee!

David said...

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those that get it and those that don't. Congratulations.