If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Monday, July 7, 2008

Day one

My wife has found alot of satisfaction in documenting her days on a web log. She has tried to get me to write on the family blog and again on a secret parents blog, but my musings would probably seem sophomoric or shallow in comparison to hers. I didn't want to be the oleo act in the middle of her sold out, standing room only, variety show.

Yesterday she set up this web blog for me and she told me to take a picture of something each day and write about it when I got home. During my travels from site to site today I was looking for the perfect thing to photograph and blog about. My work looks mostly the same to me so I was not seeing anything inspiring. As the morning turned to afternoon and the shadows began to grow long, I figured I just needed to snap a picture of anything, (all I was doing was documenting something, so what would be the difference?). As I was leaving the Phoenician where we just started an addition of, in essence, a new grand ballroom, I pulled out my camera and found out that my camera was out of batteries, and no more spare batteries. Dang.

In short, this post is void of visual stimulation. Sorry, maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

David said...

Learning of your blog has been the best news of the day! You don't need pictures with your wit and way with words. I only hope that you will be able to find the time to post often. But I understand if you don't!

David said...

Your description of Rachel's blog is dead on. It is interesting to me that per the counter, she gets 68 reads per day. Sixty-eight! My blog gets 14. The Silver Lining gets 11. I mean that is more attention than they merit, and I'm gratified at that, but 68?! That is incredible. It is numerical proof that her blog is so good.