I also use music to tap in to more solemn and spiritual things too. I love the hymns, I have all the Tabernacle Choir CD's, and play them frequently. A few years ago we acquired the family piano. This has brought a new type of appreciation, not only does it fill our home with good music, but it is being crafted by the hands of my own children! It would seem hard to find something better than that, but there is.
About once a week, Rachel has Chip practice different arrangements of hymns, she sits on the bench with him and sings to help him get better at accompanying vocals. Rachel doesn't think she is a soloist but in reality she hides her beautiful lead vocal voice behind her perfect pitched alto voice. I guess that's okay, because I get to relish in this angelic presentation from time to time. Every so often Hannah will join in and I feel like this is as close to Heaven that our home can get. What a blessing.



No comments:
Post a Comment