If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Those Hixon Kids

I was told that my Grandpa Farrer once said that if you give the Hixon kids a couple of sticks, in no time at all they will come up with a game to play. I have always revered that comment. I realize that he probably was not referring to me; I was only 3 years old when he died, but I thought it spoke to our ingenuity, creativity, and playful/competitive nature.


As I was leaving a job site the other day, I saw something that caught my eye. It was a piece of 12" corrugated HDPE drain pipe. It was a scrap from the underground utility contractor. It was trash to them but to me it looked like hours of fun for my kids. So I grabbed it and threw it in the truck.

I spent all day today working in the front and watching the next generation of Hixon kids across the street at the park playing with this piece of pipe. It was just as much fun as I hoped it would be.






I love it!

No comments: