There is a commercial on TV that shows kind acts being perpetuated until the kindness comes full circle, some insurance company I think. I felt like I was in that commercial this morning.
This morning as I was making my rounds I was stopped at a signal in the downtown area. I watched as a man in a wheel chair was crossing the street, he was going slower than the flow of pedestrians as they filled the cross walk until one man came up from behind him. This man was dressed in a suit, one hand on the cell phone up to his ear, attache case on the opposite shoulder. I watched him as he very seamlessly, and unassuming pinned his phone between his shoulder and ear and with two hands pushed the wheelchair all the way to the sidewalk. Before the man in the wheelchair could turn around, suit man headed south on the sidewalk and the wheel chaired man headed east. I was glad to have witnessed that. This very witted man, even while on the phone, saw an opportunity to help and did it. It didn't even look like the other man got a chance to thank him, or even saw him for that matter. Those are my kind of people. Amazing how such a simple act can mean so much. So, thank you kind man in blue suit on phone with attache case and cigarette in mouth, you made my day.
10 years ago

2 comments:
That is great. I noticed the opposite today. (People on a lazy Monday morning cutting each other off for no reason in cars... laying on horns when there are literally two cars within a mile of them, a lady frowning at me when I smiled at her in the store, etc.)
Glad I'm moving to the city of kindness.
you made my day with the joanna playing grandma at the baby shower comment.
laughed til i cried.
Post a Comment