Pathetically, I have another quarter story.
It has been a relief of sorts for the past few months knowing that my state quarter collections were complete. Out of habit I still check the backs of the shiny quarters I get, but in the same moment, I remember that the quest is complete and I grin and go about my day. All of that changed last week. I noticed that in the change I received at the market was a very shiny quarter. I flipped it over and I did not recognize the image obverse to George Washington. I used to be so cool about getting a new coin but I was caught off guard. What could be the meaning of this? Duke Ellington and the District of Columbia? Oh no you don't, U.S. Mint!!! There are no more states. I was done. I was the conqueror. I have turned the page, I have moved on. How could you U.S. Mint? How could you? I don't want to collect the U.S. territories. but I am doomed to do so.
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment