If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Ode to Rachel

I've heard it said that rain on your birthday is the angels above longing for their friend. I know that my wife is a special gal but when I woke up this morning and saw the wet streets and a soft rainfall I stopped and reflected upon her and her eternal value to host of heaven.

I may sound boastful and hopefully not too cliche when I express the awe that I am in when I consider all that my wife is. She is a worker. She is always on the move. Rarely is any of her efforts self serving or indulgent. Her mind and heart are always in tune with the needs of others. One of her credos is "Make sure no one is left out." She lives it.

She is true. There is only one way to be true and that is being true in every way. She is true to herself. True to me, true to the kids, true to her friends, and of course true to the Lord. With any success I have had or success I may have in this life it will all pale in comparison to the fortune I have by having this woman in my life.

So as the angels above may be weeping this morning, I am full of joy because I have my sweet Rachel with me forever.

1 comment:

Sara said...

beautiful. and i agree.