If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Kitchen Fun

Every so often Fry's sells rib roast for cheap. (Like $4 per pound--I cannot pass that up.) Last night I picked up a couple of them.

I found this idea on Allrecipes.com. a few years ago. It is tried and true.


1. Season roast with season salt and pepper.

2. Coat roast with 2-3 cups of salt.




3. Cook in a 210 degree oven until internal temperature is 145 degrees. (In my oven a 5lb roast takes about 5 hours.)

4. Let Roast stand. I leave the thermometer in until it drops a few degrees.



5. Remove salt crust, slice, and enjoy!






We enjoyed tonight!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Mmmmmmmmmm. I wish we had leftovers for my breakfast.

Heather said...

wow, I may try that. I never would have put that much salt if I didn't see pictures to believe you actually put that much on.