If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ego Boost

The other night I put on a movie for Calvin. Like most of our DVD's after a few minutes it started skipping and getting all fouled up, it was scratched. Calvin said, "Dad you fix it with you tools?" I told him I didn't have a tool to fix it. He persisted and insisted that I fix it. Finally I asked him how can I fix it if I don't know how? He answered by saying, "You fix it 'cause you great Daddy"


I have been asked by alot of different people why I have so many kids. My usual response is that it's nice to have people on my side. No matter how many problems I have at work or how many things I get all fouled up, it is nice to know I can come home to a group of people who are excited to see me, and don't care about all the ebbs of this world. They don't know how to be critical, they just love. Even Cal thinks I'm great! What else could a Dad want?

4 comments:

David said...

Great post. I mean, you are great, and I don't blame Cal for thinking this, but how much richer is your life because you weren't content with just a boy and a girl? Can't even imagine. (I'm glad my parents had more than three or four.)

Sara said...

i'm glad, too.

Dan Hixon said...

You can try toothpaste and water...

jamie hixon said...

I gotta have some more kids.