If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

SONOFA.....

To keep my mind off of things that are not Sunday appropriate and to help Rachel out I try to cook on Sunday. It's the only day that I can give a good couple of hours preparing a meal. I experiment with all kinds of meats, sides, and desserts. About six months ago I splurged and bought a mandolin slicer, not because I needed it, I just wanted it. It's been good to have, like another arrow in the quiver.


This past Sunday I decided to make scalloped potatoes. I also decided that the vege holder would not be necessary as I am a seasoned mandolin user. Besides, everyone knows the safety devises are for rookie's and sissy's. So I went to slicing. I needed five russets, these were pretty potatoes. I got thorough the three without and trouble. Then at the end of the fourth I got little greedy and "thwack"! I mistook my thumb for a potato. OUCH!



want a closer look?


not potato.




Next time I'm using the guard.






2 comments:

ahixon said...

SICK!

jamie hixon said...

SICK! Was my first thought too.
My Dad did this once with our sandwich meat and we never found the piece of his finger.