Short work weeks are tricky. It may seem like an easy week but in reality a calender week is a calender week. So basically I have three days to get five days worth of work done. If that seems a bit distorted it may be because it is.
Monday morning I got a call from one of my foremen informing me that he broke down, naturally it is a speciality tool that are hard to come by. The nearest part was in Long Beach, Ca. I mistakenly thought I had some stoke with the vendor and thought I could strong arm him into rushing the part to me. He wouldn't budge on two days delivery time. I really could not afford to waste a whole day. That's 1/3 of the week! I told him I would come out and get it. So I did.
As I gathered myself I knew I'd be arriving in the L.A. metro area around 3pm knowing that time would be of the essence and HOV lanes run empty I thought it would be a good idea to have a travel buddy. Rachel had pulled Jake from school for a dentist appointment. I intercepted him before he went back to school and he and I made the roadie together.
We had a good time.
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment