Every so often I will play in the kitchen working on menu items. This weekend seemed to be a spare rib weekend. I do ribs about three times a year, the last time was a debacle: overcooked and over seasoned. The only thing I didn't over-do was love. They were a classic case of under loved and neglected meat. What a pity. Most of the time I eat what I cook and it is fine. Sometimes I taste it and I don't want anything else to do with it; Not because it's gross, it's just because I don't have a desire to eat it, it's a complicated emotion. It is rare when I feel like I make something really good. Monday's ribs were one of those rare times that I did good. I couldn't get enough of them. I was very pleased with them. They may be a regular menu item.
I rubbed them, stacked them, wrapped them and let them rest overnight.
After about 6 hours of braising I finished them on the grill.
Horay for me.

6 comments:
I'll join you in the retirement dream. That has been one of mine. either that or the greeter at Wal-Mart
wow...they look like little tender beauties waited to be gnawed upon.
My mouth is watering!
How does one "braise?' I did ribs, too, but I just rubbed them and put them on the rotisserie for about three hours. They were, as yours, good enough to wnat them again soon, before the next holiday. Say! Let's do some up at Bear Lake!
Uh, yeah... those look delicious. What is the rub and sauce, or is it a Break-Even Stephen's secret???
Dad-braising is to cook in a little liquid, covered at a low temp.
Shana-there is something about rib makers, they all claim to have a secret rub. Mine is no secret because I don't measure and harly have the same ingredents on hand to duplicate. It's mostly brown sugar, coulpe of different peppers, and a couple couple of different powders, and salt. TA-DA!
Post a Comment