If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thank You, Ervin.

A few weeks ago I saw this commercial. It would be the worlds greatest understatement to say that this is only the greatest commercial ever made. Admittedly, the first time I saw it I got so excited I got goose bumps and welled up a little. Now I just goose bump and cheer when the ball falls through the net. So here is to the greatest basketball team ever. (I'm sure with all of the modern technologies one could do this a little less archaic, but not this one. I just filmed the TV screen.)


7 comments:

David said...

Over McHale is just the icing on top.

Stephen A. Hixon said...

yes.

David said...

And Parish and Bird both came to help too, right? Didn't matter. Ball was going right in the exact center of the rim regardless.

David said...

and it's funny too how when they collapse on him they leave Kareem wide open under the rim. Don't think the Magic didn't notice, but he had this shot in the bag.

Stephen A. Hixon said...

the more I watch it, I'm in the thousands, I kind of want to see that sweet dump pass to the Captain for an easy duece.

Dan Hixon said...

Should've had Chick's voice at the end.

Rachel said...

I does have Chick's voice at the end.