I have lived in Phoenix for almost nine years. Over the years I have learned alot about this place. Some of my perceptions have been affirmed; it is blasted HOT from June through September, (October and May are not always lovely either). I don't care what anyone says, I have not 'got used to it' and I don't think I ever will. I don't see the beauty of the desert, or desert landscape. And a day at the lake does not compare to a day at the beach. There are other things that I have found that are wonderful; there is alot of good camping when you climb out of the desert. People are generally easy going. And the real diamond in the rough is what is happening right now.
March is an annual rejuvenation for me. I get a few weeks where I am taken back to some fond childhood feelings and also taken forward to the afterlife. It's a little wild I know, but it's is absolute bliss you see because March is when the orange trees blossom. In the evening and early mornings the air is so aromatic that I will get light-headed by inhaling so much! I don't have a specific moment in my childhood but I know the town I grew up in had its share of citrus and just a whiff brings me back those carefree days. I also believe heaven is scented with orange blossoms. How could it not be? It is the most heavenly scent created. I don't usually wear flowers, but this time of year I will pick a blossom or two and pin it, or paper clip it, to my collar. Its euphoric, it's my own paradise, and it's Nirvana all in one little white blossom . I love it.
10 years ago


4 comments:
ok--we must be related...
my favorite scent in the world...orange blossoms...
yep...it's a family affair!
love the smell, but I learned that I am allergic to that smell. So this is a bittersweet time for me.
just last week jenna came inside from the backyard and said, "Mom! It smells so good out here." i stepped outside, took in a wonderful whiff and said, "yes it does. . . it's the orange blossoms." I totally agree. Love them.
Post a Comment