
The other night Rachel and I went out to dinner. After all these years we rarely agree on a restaurant. To save time, and maybe even grief, I pulled out a coin and decided to let it do the decision making for us. We ended up at this little fast food Hawaiian Barbecue. Not ever my first choice, not Rachel's either but we decided to 'live and die by the coin flip', so we went in. As I was scanning the menu my eye caught a hold of an item that I found 15 years ago when I was in Hawaii. It's a great little morsel called Spam Musubi. It is a slice of Spam topped with sticky rice, wrapped in a dried seaweed leaf. It is so good. Thankfully it was as good as the ones I'd buy from the the Honoloa Market in Kapalua, Maui. So Aloha and Ma'halo to Ono Hawaiian Barbecue for the good memory churn.
Long live Spam Musubi!


2 comments:
SICK!
nasty!
Post a Comment