If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cutting No Slack

I took Lauren with me to run an errand. We went to the market to get some produce. She is so fun to be with because she gets so excited about things that most people would not, it's infectious. We needed apples. She asked if she could pick them out. Of course she can. The color was a big decision, but she found the 'most beautiful' red-yellow-green ones. I think they are called Gala Apples. She thoroughly inspected each one making sure it was shiny and had no worms. Then we moved on to oranges. The navels were on sale for 88 cents per pound. We filled up the bag. "Wait! We need to weigh it!" I agreed. As I was walking to the scale I sized up the bag and told her we had 5 or 6 pounds in it. She didn't believe me. I put it on the scale and it measured 5 3/4 pounds! Like I had just roped a calf in record time I put both hands up and said, "How do you like that?" Very much unimpressed she said, "You were wrong Dad. You said 5 or 6, its 5 3/4."

1 comment:

AJ Curtis said...

Love it. What a wonderful family you have.