If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants. ~ Isaac Newton

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

2,294

We just returned from our family summer vacation. We spent one week with the Hixon family and one week with the Poppletons. Lady luck was smiling on us as both 'reunions' were about 30 minutes apart from each other. From our home to our furthest destination was 1,602 miles round trip. When I pulled into the garage late last night/early this morning my trip meter read 2,294. I started going through my mind making an account for the 600+ miles. It was fun to think of the highways, byways, scenic routes, detours and whims along the way. It seemed like we were able to do all the things that we wanted to do and then some. It was a good two weeks. I am very thankful for the opportunity to do this kind of stuff, and spend time with all of my most favorite people.

No comments: